Monday, December 8, 2008

Diagnostic Revision




Jade’s Influential People

In life there are many people who can change one’s life. They can either change their life in a negative way or a positive way. A person can change it by how they act, they words they choose to speak or how they simply live their life. In my case there are two special that has change my life in a tremendous way. My grandfather and mother have taught me a lot of good life lessons.
George Watts Lassiter was born on December 14, 1910 and was raised in Princess Anne County by his mother and step father. He was the youngest of three children. He never graduates; he stopped at fourth grade to help his family with the family farm. He learned a lot over his long life and has passed his life lesions down to me and my younger brother. He lived a very honest life. He have always taught us that if you are not honest with your self and others your life will become a big lie and will not get you to the purpose you here to complete.
My grandfather loved God very much. He always told me that the only person that cancan judge you is God and he was the only person that you can really depend on through all of your rough time. He has always have been a hard worker. He has always held a job until he turned ninety years old when he suffered a mild stroke. He basically raised me from birth due to the absence of my biologically father. Every boyfriend that I have ever dated, I would compare them to him. He has never left his children without them being taken care of. I have learned that a real man will not rush you are ready and they will make the right decision and either marry you or take care of their responsibility and not run away from it. To be honest, I was the most rebellious, hard headed teenager in my family. I would not listen to anyone, I would run away, sneak out with my boyfriend. My grandfather showed me that my mother was not trying to be mean , and that she knew what was best for ne, Also, he taught me that if you do not honor your mother or father , your days could be shorten. He encouraged me to attend college. In high school, I decided not to go to college and just work a full time job so I could move out of my mother house. When he got sick, he was abused by some of the nurses at two of the nursing homes. It made me very upset. Also, the doctors tried to explains his sickness to me and my mother, but we had a hard time understanding the terminology they used. I wanted to make a difference in how the nursing home staffs were treating the patients, and also I wanted to understand the terminology that the doctors were using. I also wanted to know about the different cures there were out there. So I decided to become a nurse and I would later like to go to Eastern Virginia Medical School to become an OBGYN. George Lassiter passes away on October 23, 2005. I miss him so much. His death really affected me mentally and emotionally. My Grandfather was my very best friend I can come to him with any problem that I had, but when he passed away I felt alone emotionally. So being who I was I would shut myself away from the world. Still today I have a hard time coping with his lose but I know deep inside he is with me and that I could do anything I out my mind to. Pop pop I love you so much!
My mother Sandra Collins was born on April 29, 1959 and is the second to the youngest in her family. She is the strongest women that I know. She raised me and my brother on her own without complain about it. She never asked for help; she would find way to get what she needed. She is active in church. She drives the church van for those can not afford their own transportation. She also attends TCC to become a lawyer. She has taught me that I can be an independent woman and can do anything I put my mind to. My mother is very involved in my life. She helps me with my problems. She is more like a logical thinker she tell me the stuff that I do not want to hear but really need to hear. I love her for that
These people have taught me a lot. I cherish these people very much, especially my grandfather. These people made me who I am today, which is an independent vibrant young lady with a lot of potential and can succeed anything. Hopefully you will see me they way these people have influenced my life.

No comments: