Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Generation Next




What is Generation Next? That is how society refer to my generation. The whole articles bascically says that Generation Next is lazy and that everything is handed down to them. But that is not the case for me. For example Mr. Taylor states that my generatin is heavily dependent of technology. That is true to some extent but we depend on it heavily because professors make us dependent on it.It was stated that students are describes as isolated within their social circut, cut off from academic and larger social life.(Taylor) That is not true. with the economy being as bad as it is now we have no chocie but to be involved in academic life. I think that if Mr. Taylor understand what we have to go through as young adults he would not be so judgemental.Speaking from experience, it is hard to be lazy. Everything is much harder: it harder to find employment, hard to find an apartment and be out on your own. So yes we have to depend on our parnet for a little support but we are not lazy. Mr. Taylor listed some characteristics of Generations X. He explains how students are searching for instant Gratication and search for the best deals without putting hard work into it. He also goes on to say that since Sesame Street we were led to believe that education is entertaining and comes easy . We are describe as wantinh a good grade because we simply paid for the class.( Thats not me) We lack the sense to plan for long term plans. Let me stop him there. I am a "Generation NeXter" and i had my life planed out since the seventh grade. I knew that i wanted to be an OBGYN and attend EVMS. I knew that i wanted to go to africa to help with the AIDS epedemics, so for him to say that is crazy he need to do some more research ao ask us before he print his opinion.

No comments: